Leave The City Better Than We Found It - Minneapolis
Green Minneapolis has partnered with Keep America Beautiful, Castrol, and the Los Angeles Rams in their efforts to clean up litter in each city the Rams play a game in this football season.
We are hosting a volunteer litter cleanup in the Downtown East neighborhoods surrounding U.S. Bank Stadium - including Elliot Park and the Mill District on Saturday, October 9, 2021. Green Minneapolis' sponsor, the Minnesota Vikings will provide us their downtown Vikings Longhouse adjacent to US Bank Stadium for the event. Volunteers will be provided refreshments and snacks from Caribou Coffee, Trader Joe's and Cardigan Donuts, litter cleanup gear, and have the opportunity to enter into a raffle for a chance to win Vikings provided prizes!
Covid-19 Safety: Masks are strongly encouraged while inside the Vikings Longhouse and social distancing is encouraged while outside picking up trash.
- 9am - 9:15am: Volunteer check in at downtown Vikings Longhouse (530 Chicago Ave.) and receive cleanup equipment and map
- 9:15am - 9:30am: Event Kick-off, introductory remarks from VIP speakers
- 9:30am - 9:45am: Instructions for cleanup and volunteers divided in to crews
- 9:45am - Crews depart for cleanup
- 11:45am - Crews return
- 11:45am - 12:45pm - Closing remarks, weighing the trash, raffle for prizes
- 1:00pm - Event Concludes
Parking: There are several nearby parking ramps (Denison Parking at 425 Park Avenue and Mill Fleet Farm Ramp at 740 S 4th St) and ample street parking.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Supporters: The Minnesota Vikings, Caribou Coffee, Trader Joe's, Cardigan Donuts, Mississippi Watershed Management Organization, Downtown Improvement District, Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association, Elliot Park Neighborhood Association, East Town Business Partnership
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: